Thursday, June 14, 2012

Trip back in time

As I was making chicken noodle soup in my crock pot was thinking that in the 70's the colours for appliances were either Harvest Gold or Avocado Green, I had the gold for kitchen stove and fridge. For some wedding gifts I ended up with an assortment of both, this crock pot is 40 yrs old and still works great with the High, Low and Off dials, has a couple chips but other wise good shape, if it's not broken don't fix it.








I have been playing with this top which has no name that I know of, found the block and just made up into this, now I need to decide on a border with the rest of the jelly roll that is left, I have something in mind just need to work it up.
The weather has been crazy so far with lots of rain gardens have lots of weeds, I have 2 flower beds yet to get to then back to the veggie garden, tomorrow is suppost to be nice. Randy wants to replace the logs on the top of the back arbor this weekend the ones on now are rotten as we never got around to staining them, he has the new ones pealed and stained, fingers crossed the weather will be nice. 

No comments: